Curry Potato savory pastry! New try and yum yum yum!
Ingredients | 材料 :
(A) Puff Dough | 酥皮麵糰 : (Steps | 做法)
160g Bread flour | 高根麵粉
40g Cake flour | 低根麵粉
3g Salt | 鹽
15g Caster sugar | 糖
10g Salted butter | 有鹽牛油
25g Egg | 雞蛋
8g Milk powder | 奶粉
4g Yeast | 酵母(依士)
100g Warm water | 溫水
(B) Fat Layer | 酥芯 (夾心)
80g Salted butter, chilled | 有鹽牛油，冷凍
(C) Stuffing’s ingredients and Steps | 餡料材料及做法:
2 big Potatoes (600g) | 薯仔 兩大個 (約1斤, 600g)
Curry Paste (200g bag) | 咖喱醬 1包200g
1 medium sized onion | 洋蔥 1個中型
2 shallots, 1 glove of garlic | 兩粒乾蔥頭，1瓣蒜頭
little olive oil or 10g salted butter | 小許橄欖油(或10g有鹽牛油)
- Boiled the potatoes until cooked, leave cool, cut into big pieces.
- Chop shallots and garlic, set aside.
- Cut onion into small pieces, set aside.
- Heat the deep frying pan with little olive oil (or salted butter), put in chopped shallot and garlic until fragrance, put in chopped onion, stir fry until soft and fragrance, fold in potatoes, curry paste (quantity to adapt), and add hot water to a level enough to cover the potatoes. Boil for a few minutes until most of the water is absorbed, put in coconut milk, little salt to taste. Smash 2/3 when it is still hot. Remaining 1/3 potatoes chopped into 1cm cubes and mix with the cooked curry sauce.
(D) Bread top glazing and garnish :
little Egg Glaze for brushing bread top | 小許蛋液最後塗包面用
pumpkin seeds or almond flakes | 小許南瓜子或杏仁片灑上包面
small portion of shredded cheese | 小許芝士碎
Steps | 做法：
- Preheat oven to 230°C at least 15 minutes before baking.
- Refer Making Puff Dough until after 2 rounds of 3-fold chilling, roll dough to a 20cm by 32cm rectangle. Cut 4 sides until even. Cut into 8 pieces for use.
- Stuff stuffing on one side of square dough, gently brush egg glaze on 4 seams, fold into half. Use a fork gently fix the seams. Make up the rest. For croissant-shape-dough, cut 3cm vertically at the base, stuff stuffing, roll up until 3cm, egg glazing thinly, roll to end.
- Put the dough on baking tray with baking parchment, put on cover in room temperature for final fermentation for about 40 minutes till double its size.
- Gently brush the surface with egg glaze, add pumpkin seeds, almond flakes and shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven and adjust it to 220°C. Bake for about 20~22 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven, cool on rack.